Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issues connecting to Azure Database for PostgreSQL from PowerBI

My company has production dashboards that have been effected by some issue between Azure Postgresql PaaS service and PowerBI. Any updates on the fix timeline? 

Processing error
An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)'

Comments
andyclap
Helper II

MS - please update your service page: There is a degredation. 

This is affecting a lot of users, and I see several threads in this forum already. The whole point of a service page is to be the first point of call to see if there are any known problems.

ysanabria
Frequent Visitor

This is a remedy for now.

Install this .msi in the gateway machine and then you can connect your data source by gateway

In GitHub you may find it:

Release Npgsql v4.0.10 · npgsql/npgsql · GitHub

andyclap
Helper II

Phew, finally seems like it's working again.

Thanks to the support team for fixing this.

Let's have some integration tests around connectors for the next release, eh?

zenisekd
Super User

Same issue here. My workaround at the moment is that every morning I refresh my desktop and publish it again.

ysanabria
Frequent Visitor

The issue was solved by Microsoft. For me is working now with my direct connection to AZ Postgres

ALWI
Frequent Visitor

Works again!

@Microsoft pls improve your QA process before you deploy something. The same problem was in the past several times! That will save a a lot of time for so many people.

Thx!  

zenisekd
Super User

I since yesterday I am having connection errors again (40001). But only with more complex reports. Reports that have only few tables work fine. Anybody else is having same issues?

PakthurYangu
Helper I

I wasted a few days looking for a solution until I came across this article.

In short, you have to install version 4.0.10 of NpgSQL and when installing, select the NpgSQL GAC option. The article I linked has a more detailed step-by-step guide.