Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with record count being read wrongly within a dashboard

Hi all, 

The count of records applied to the specific condition is 19 and I confirmed that the count is the same when I filtered the table imported to the dashboard by applying the same filters for the condition.

Smile_0-1660292381319.png

However, when I tried to display this value in an Advance Card, it displayed 20 instead of 19. The subsequent calculations involving this value is calculated with 20, not 19. 

Has anyone had similar issues or know what the issue may be?

Thanks!

When you have filtered columns in the data view, it will not reduce the actual data size in Power BI, the filter in the data view is used for users to find the specific data easily, so if the table row has 20 rows and you have filterd 19 rows, the visual will still show the count of the table as 20 instead of 19.

If you want to filter the column values indeed for the data model, you need to filter it in Power Query editor before you load data into Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

When you have filtered columns in the data view, it will not reduce the actual data size in Power BI, the filter in the data view is used for users to find the specific data easily, so if the table row has 20 rows and you have filterd 19 rows, the visual will still show the count of the table as 20 instead of 19.

If you want to filter the column values indeed for the data model, you need to filter it in Power Query editor before you load data into Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li