Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with publication of a report with dynamic connection to other dataset with October 2021 versio

Hi all,

after installing October relaese of Power BI Desktop (2.98.683.0 64-bit), I have some issues when publishing report with dynamic connection to a different Power BI dataset. Before the update, after clicking on Publish, I was shown the full list of workspaces I have access to. After the update, I can only publish in the same workspace where the dataset is. My workspaces are in premium capacity. I tried to install again August version, and I can see again the full list of workspaces. 

Thank you in advance for any help.

Francesca 

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@fbottazzoli 

new version was released. You may check it again.

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft it still happens with version 2.98.882.0 64-bit (ottobre 2021)

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

Still happens with 2.98.1004.0 64-bit (ottobre 2021)

MiraNi
Advocate III

I have similar issue, where I cannot replace the connected dataset with the dataset in another workspace. I get an error saying, workspace cannot be found. This error came up already in August version and stil exist. When I went back to May version, there were no errors.

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft Still happens with Version: 2.99.621.0 64-bit (novembre 2021)

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

@v-chuncz-msft Still happens with Versione: 2.100.785.0 64-bit (dicembre 2021). 

Is there any update on this issue?

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

Hello @v-chuncz-msft 

Still happes with Version: 2.100.1401.0 64-bit (dicembre 2021)

Is there any update on this issue?

Thank you

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

The issue still happens with Feb 2022 version. Can you please advice me on how to get a solution? I always have to ask to some colleagues with older versions of PBI Desktop to publish my report, or to downgrade my version!

Thank you

Francesca

fbottazzoli
Advocate I

The issue was related to this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-datasets-across-workspaces

It was solved after enabling my account by the Tenant Administratror.