Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue with measures connected to Azure Analysis Services 1500 Compatability

We recently upgraded our azure analysis services data model to the 1500 compatability level to leverage calculation groups. The issue that followed was pretty specific so I will try to explain it well, these are the conditions it occurs under:

1. Power BI Connected to azure analysis services 1500 compatability level

2. Measure within AAS Model uses the USERELATIONSHIP() function

3. Power BI report has a new measure definition saved with the report that references the measure in the AAS model that uses USERELATIONSHIP()

When these conditions are met, our measures are showing completely incorrect data. It took down quite a few reports when we upgraded yesterday and now we are scrambling to fix it. No changes were made to the model schema besides adding a calculation group and updating the model to 1500 compatability and now many reports are no longer reporting accurate information.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Yanant1020 ,

Does this issue only occur in power bi desktop? Is the result correct in SSAS? 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Yanant1020
Advocate I

@v-yuta-msft 

This happens in power bi service and in power bi desktop. The issue can not be replicated directly in SSAS because of the specifics of the issue, which is why I believe it is a power bi bug. Essentially, if I define a measure in power bi desktop that calls a measure from ssas tabular and the measure it calls uses the userelationship function, my new measure written in power bi will not show correct results. To quickly fix this we started going through reports and copying all the measure definitions defined within the pbix files into ssas then changing the visuals to use the ssas measure rather than the power bi measure. The measures have the exact same definition between power bi and ssas, the ssas one works and the power bi one does not.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Yanant1020 ,

Are you using live connection mode to connect to the AS instance? If you are, please change one-many relationship to both in the AS side and check if this issue persists.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao