Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with manual refresh for different users

Hi I have a powerBI report on powerBI Service which gets its data from sharepoint online, with 2 users (userA and userB) accessing the report and the dataset for the report is configured by userA. When userA chooses the option to refresh now the dataset refreshes but if userB tries to refresh the dataset he gets an error saying "Can't refresh your data the credentials you provided for the data source are invalid" but userB could refresh the day before and only now this error pops up. Furthermore if userB takes over the dataset then userB can refresh the dataset but userA can't refresh the dataset anymore. Is there a solution to have both users be able to refresh the dataset. Below is an image of the error.pbisrefresherror.PNG

Comments
rpbourge
Frequent Visitor

I have the same scenario.  This used to work with no problem.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Juan1 ,

It was a known issue CRI: 108372117 which has been resolved now. Please try again in your scenario.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

rpbourge
Frequent Visitor

I am still encountering the same issue.  User A has taken over the report and when user B tries to initiate a manual refresh, he gets the message "The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources."

Juan1

Tried to manual refresh the dataset but the issue is still occuring

ConradBI
Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same issue 😕 

v-yulgu-msft
Employee

Hi @Juan1,

The fix is going to reach around mid-April. Before the fix releasing, please republish the dataset by the initial owner as a workaround.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Juan1

Hi @v-yulgu-msft 

Tested a few days ago and the problem seems to be resolved.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered