Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with embedded reports for exporting summary data in headers

Hi,

I have a embedded PowerBI reports into my application, which is using a direct query method. Using the latest version of Power BI desktop.

Problem is when I export summary data from embedded reports (from graph visuals) the header of first column is not displaying name correctly. It is displaying the database table and field name.

Scenario:

I have used a Line and clustured column chart visual in report. Shared Axis name for this visual is "Date", now when I export data

from embedded report, the excel sheet is having header name for first column as  'dimDateUnpivot'[value]. Which actually display the tablename[FieldName], but it should display the shared axis name "Date".

Please assist with this issue as soon as possible.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bhavsarravi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. How do you define the chart? 

q2.PNG

In your scenario, please export data on Power BI service to see if the issue issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

bhavsarravi
Frequent Visitor

Issue is not reproducable in Power Bi service.

It is reproducable only while embedding report into application, and exporting data from there.

Image1Image1

Capture2.JPG

Today the strange thing I observed is, when I change the Shared Axis name from "Date" to some other name like "Dates" or "Date." Then the header was showing correct name.

It seems there is some issue regarding "Date" name.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @bhavsarravi,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side with Date column put in share X axis. Please embed your Power BI service report in this Sample Report application, then export the data from the chart to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

bhavsarravi
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your support and the quick response.

I have tested it in Sample Report application where this bug it is not reproducable.

But still from my application it is able to reproduce, so I will check in my application what is causing this issue. 

It is really strange!