Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Issue with desktop maintaining color options

When I set my color options on different graphs and save the .pbix file, the color options I choose change; the application is not maintaining my choices.

I am running version 2.68.5432.81.

Any suggestions on how to get the color options to stay with what I choose?

Thank you!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

How do you set the color options for visuals? Which specific visuals color options are not saving? 

Please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft ,

It happens when I use any of the graphs; bar graphs, pie graphs, etc.

To change the color, I go to the format section and click on the data colors and then choose the specific color I am looking for.  I will save the report and when completed with the file, I will publish it and then close the file.

The custom color typically does not hold when published, so I go to the Edit Report link and change the colors back to what I had originally chosen.

Next, I will re-open the .pbix file and see the colors did not hold and change them in this location as well.

Regards,

Michelle

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your detail information. But I'm not able to reproduce the issue with Power BI desktop version 2.69.5467.1751 64-bit (May 2019). Please update your Power BI desktop to the same version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

This is still happening and I am on the same version as you are.

Anonymous
Not applicable

From report file as I saved the reportFrom report file as I saved the reportFrom published report after uploading and refreshingFrom published report after uploading and refreshing

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

The June Power BI desktop version is released recently, please update to it and test again. 

If the issue still occurs, please open a support ticket to get dedicated help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu