Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with dashboard custom url and power bi bookmarks

I have a dashboard that I want to use a custom url to take me to the power bi report bookmark.  I only need to use a custom url because you don't currently support navigating the dashboard item to the report bookmark, only the report.  Please look at adding the ability to take the dashboard item to the bookmark that way users can see the exact logic/data/report that the dashboard is showing.  My workaround was to use the custom url and point to the bookmark url.  This was working but now, power bi is loading the bookmark then stripping the bookmark back to the default app url.  Please fix this asap!

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Zachory 

I created and published a report with the latest version of Power BI Desktop. Both report bookmarks
and personal bookmarks work well.

Zachory

The bookmark works fine until you add the bookmark url as a custom url on the dashboard tile.  When you click the dashboard to take you to the custum url (the bookmark url), it starts to navigate to the url of the bookmark but then strips the ending bookmark part off and does not navigate to the actual bookmark url.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Did you get any more infrmation about this problem? or did you find any workaround?

Regards

Shilpi

Zachory

Hi Shilpi,

I have not found any workaround for this.  The best option would be for the dashboard to let you choose a report or bookmark without needing the custom url.  It currently lets you choose a report but there can be many slicers and the item could have allot of them choses and the users may not know what was selected which is why they need to support the bookmarks.  Let me know if you have any questions as this would be very valuable to get working, making dashboards more useful.  Since day one of using dashboards I was surprised when you click the item to take you to the report, if forgets what was selected to make the dashboard widget.  We are building these for a bunch of users and need it to pass through the report and choose what was chosed to make the dashboard item.

Thanks,

Zack

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zack

We got information from Microsoft Product support team that this bug is already fixed and they are implementing the changes on the data centres. So its still in process once the fix is deployed we need to adjust all Urls in the reports.

Regards

Shilpi