Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with Teams Integration

Hello,

Today I got a report from a user saying they were having difficulty accessing a Power BI tab in a Teams channel. After testing from multiple accounts, the problem seems to be across the board.

When someone tries to bring up the report tab on Teams, they get multiple error windows popping up saying their session has expired and to refresh the browser. Refreshing the tab does nothing, and quitting and restarting Teams does nothing. I tried creating a new report tab and a list of reports didn't even come up, instead I got

"You don't have access to view this page.
TECHNICAL DETAILS
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2022-10-18 14:48:49Z
Activity Id: 4097978c-7f5b-4fb1-a924-530abeea0c7e
Request Id: cd361501-b931-4471-ae13-266242d6324d"

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? Reports are opening fine in Chrome, it's just bizarre to me that I can't even get the list of reports to come up.

Hi @BenFos 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed , I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
TommyCroteau
Regular Visitor

We have the same problem.  All of our user cannot access Power BI in the Teams App.

rmcgillivary

We have the same issue in our Org aswell.   Works fine in the Power BI Service, just not within Teams

agill1
Regular Visitor

We are having the same issue in our organization. Any one had any success?

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @BenFos 

To use the Power BI tab in Microsoft Teams , you can refer to the following content in below links .

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-embed-report-microsoft-teams#re...

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-collaborate-microsoft-teams#kno...

Best Regards,

TommyCroteau
Regular Visitor

Look like this is fix this morning for us.

agill1
Regular Visitor

@v-yetao1-msft thank you, but everything was working fine until yesterday afternoon, and then suddenly it stopped working. We made no changes yesterday to any of the reports and I didn't ask any of my users to clear their Teams cache or reinstall Teams or reinstall Power BI in Teams and it started working for everyone this morning. To me, it seems like an intermittent back-end issue with Power BI and Teams App integration.

BenFos

Hi @v-yetao1-msft,

As agill1 said, this was an issue that started out of the blue on Power BI tabs that were already set up, and even if I wanted to set up a new Power BI tab the issue was preventing me from doing so.

I had also created a ticket on the issue and received a response Tuesday evening saying that it was being reported as an outage by the internal team and the Product Group Team was working on it, and it does appear to have been resolved yesterday.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @BenFos 

I am so glad to hear that your issue has been fixed , I will change the status to "Delivered" .

Best Regards,