Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with Summarization on Power BI -- basic table

Hello, 

Suddenly I am having this issue where my "whole number" data (formatted as whole number) cannot be summarized at all without creating a SUM measure. Before, I could use a table, and drop a whole number data format column and it would SUM it or I could change it to AVERAGE or COUNT, etc. But right now, no matter what I do, it does not show any option for summarization - no SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, COUNT(DISTINCT). Please help. 

FYI - columns are formatted as whole numbers. Here are some screenshots:

1st screenshot: showing that this column with the name "EMAIL COUNT" is type and format as Whole number.

Soo_Reed_1-1603202669059.png

2nd screenshot: table not summing the data and not showing any option for summarization for the same column. 
Soo_Reed_0-1603202633852.png

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may check the link below.

https://github.com/otykier/TabularEditor/issues/636

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft Thank you for the reply. The link you provided does seem to point the right direction to the solution I need, but it does not directly apply to me as I do not have a calculation group in this particular report. Please let me know if implicit measures are disabled in any other cases.