Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shanebo3239
Helper I
Helper I

Issue with Power BI Government License

I had originally posted this in the "Service" forum, but I'm beginning to think this is a bug, so I'm posting here.

I am having an issue. I was using a free Power BI Pro trial. I signed up for the Power BI Pro for Government license when that expired. I understand that we are supposed to use app.powerbigov.us now. I can log in there, but the PowerBI desktop program on multiple machines and multiple usernames, continues to try to publish to the commercial site. Help please!"

Basically what I'm doing is this.  I'm opening PowerBI desktop.  I'm logging in with my account, which has a license of Power BI Government Pro assigned.  It does NOT have a power bi free or power bi pro commercial license assigned any longer.  I am trying to publish a report to the PowerBI service.  But for my account, this should go to app.powerbigov.us, NOT app.powerbi.com.   But, my desktop client is still trying to publish to the .com and not the .US.

I ran a fiddler trace that shows my "Endpoint URL" as app.powerbi.com.  I have tried this from multiple PCs, some of which have never had PowerBI installed.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled on my PC as well.  Can someone help?

5 REPLIES 5
ragomez
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. Has anyone come across a resolution for this?

Have you found a solution for this? I'm having the same problem.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@shanebo3239

Currently, you cannot publish a report to a GOV tenant. You need to import the file from the online service (In Power BI Service, click Get Data - Files). The product team is working on a fix for this.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Is it solved?I have same issue..i also want to publish to app.powerbigov.us but still its not possible.Please share more details.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having the same issue, hope it'll be resolved soon

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors