Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with Personal and On-Premise Gateway

Hello everyone,

Hope you can help me. I build a Power BI Desktop report and was hoping to share it through Power BI Services. I have download and install both the On-Premise Gateway and the Personal one but none of them seems to be working to upadate the report that i have published form my Power BI document to Power BI Services. Everytime I try to update the dataset, the following error keeps appearing: 

Something went wrong

Invalid connection credentials.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URIWABI-SOUTH-CENTRAL-US-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity IDbfe8c5c9-bdfb-4dd0-8652-72d02789a780
Request ID6d3ac3ee-625d-cca8-73e7-297a266af91b
Time2018-06-19 15:07:17Z

I have configured both of the gateways and it seems that the are working propertly (sorry images are in Spanish but it basically says they are good to be used)
Issue 1.pngIssue 2.png

And in Power BI Services both gateways are detected and seem to be online:

Issue 3.png

I have configured the On-Premises GAteway in "Manage Gateways"

Issue 4.pngIssue 5.png

And have also checked the Data Connection Credentials when using the Personal Gateway (The warning that is shown in the image is the problem with the connection that I want to solve)

Issue 8.png

And have made sure that the on-premises gateway windows services is running: 

Issue 9.png 

But everytime I click on update datasets I keep receiving the following error:
Issue 6.pngIssue 7.png

Is there any step that I am missing or any special configuration that I should perform? Thank you for your help.

Luis.
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @sistemasrmm,

From the screenshots, the dataset is configured to use on-premise data gateway personal mode, please select the on-premises data gateway "Renal_Medical" for the dataset, then manually refresh the dataset via Refresh Now to see if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu