Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue with Line and Stacked Column chart - Scale

Hi,

I've seeing an issue with my published dashboards having "Line and Stacked Column" charts that their scales have been changed from Linear to Logarithmic scales after May 2018 release of Power BI. Can someone please have a look?

thanks

Sid

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @siddhartha,

1. Did you mean the "Scale Type" is changed in the Server after publishing from the Desktop?

2. Where is report located? Anyone else has the "Edit" permission?

Issue_with_Line_and_Stacked_Column_chart_Scale

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

siddhartha
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dale,

Here is the background -

The report has been published since last year and no changes has been done. I did check that only the publishing account has edit permission and nothing has been done from that account.

The "Scale Type" has automatically changed after the May 2018 release to Log.

Moreover when I download and open the same file in PowerBI desktop with May update it shows it as Log as Scale Type, but when opened the same file without the May update it shows it as Linear. So I'm pretty sure that the issue has been introduced in May release where it is changing the default scale type to Log on old dashboards. 

thanks 

Sid

Line and Stacked Column.png

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @siddhartha,

Can you share the pbix file? I test with the April version and the May version. Nothing happened.

Best Regards,

Dale

siddhartha
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dale,

Sadly I can not share the dashboard pbix file as it contains sensitive data. However the issue does not seem to happen if you create a new dashboard now.  Moreover it seems the scale is being set to be log even before it was introduced for some charts. (if you unzip any pbix file, it shows up log as scale type for other graph types such as 100% stacked bar chart, which do not have any option of setting it). 

thanks

Sid