Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue with Hide tab functionality in reports

When you hide tabs in a report and publish them to the PowerBI service, then publish the report as an App. The hidden tabs performs correctly on the app.  However, in the workspace when you select a report it opens up to one of the hidden pages.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @poej,

I have reproduced this issue internally: CRI 57704849. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

poej
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the fast response!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @poej,

Please refer to below information from PG team: 

By Design. Hidden pages is not a security feature, just a convenience for hiding DrillThrough pages that don't make sense without a filter context. Hidden pages are not typically navigable in Reading View, but if you have a direct link to that page or you save the report on that page. We open to the page that was open at last save. Please ask user to navigate to a different page in Desktop, Save the report, and then re-publish or upload.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

poej
Frequent Visitor

this is still a bug.  there can be multiple users saving reports in a workspace, not a good solution as the report can open onto a page that isnt visible until you edit the report. If a user doesnt have edit rights in the workspace, only view then they will be very confused. also the user did save the report to a visible page. unfortunely sometimes powqerbi opens reports into a different page than what was saved.  This is an exisitng iss and happens at other times with workpace reports.  Id say that second issue i described happens to me at least once a day when i am using the service.