Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue with Hide tab functionality in reports

When you hide tabs in a report and publish them to the PowerBI service, then publish the report as an App. The hidden tabs performs correctly on the app.  However, in the workspace when you select a report it opens up to one of the hidden pages.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @poej,

I have reproduced this issue internally: CRI 57704849. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

poej
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the fast response!

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @poej,

Please refer to below information from PG team: 

By Design. Hidden pages is not a security feature, just a convenience for hiding DrillThrough pages that don't make sense without a filter context. Hidden pages are not typically navigable in Reading View, but if you have a direct link to that page or you save the report on that page. We open to the page that was open at last save. Please ask user to navigate to a different page in Desktop, Save the report, and then re-publish or upload.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

poej
Frequent Visitor

this is still a bug.  there can be multiple users saving reports in a workspace, not a good solution as the report can open onto a page that isnt visible until you edit the report. If a user doesnt have edit rights in the workspace, only view then they will be very confused. also the user did save the report to a visible page. unfortunely sometimes powqerbi opens reports into a different page than what was saved.  This is an exisitng iss and happens at other times with workpace reports.  Id say that second issue i described happens to me at least once a day when i am using the service.