Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue while deploying a hybrid table

Hello,

I am trying to deploy a hybrid table for a Power BI report via Tabular Editor, but I have an error message:

MicrosoftTeams-image (3).png

The table is in Import mode at the beginning. I add a DirectQuery partition via Tabular Editor.

Would anyone please help me? Thank you.

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the error information said, you might need merge or delete partitions.

For best performance, drop all imported dimension tables that relate to the large fact table, reimport them in DirectQuery, and then change their storage mode to Dual. That’s because currently Power BI Desktop doesn’t let you switch from Import to DirectQuery and there is no workaround.

Create Hybrid Tables with Tabular Editor for Power BI? YES!!! - Guy in a Cube

Power BI Hybrid Tables – Prologika

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @Anonymous ,

As the error information said, you might need merge or delete partitions.

For best performance, drop all imported dimension tables that relate to the large fact table, reimport them in DirectQuery, and then change their storage mode to Dual. That’s because currently Power BI Desktop doesn’t let you switch from Import to DirectQuery and there is no workaround.

Create Hybrid Tables with Tabular Editor for Power BI? YES!!! - Guy in a Cube

Power BI Hybrid Tables – Prologika

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft , thank you for your feedback.

I haven't yet found a way to set the storage mode to dual for data coming from Azure Dadatabrick. Because once I use the SQL query to fetch the data, the storage mode is imported by default.