Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue while adding SAP BW database server details in On premise gateway

Hi,

I have successfully connected to my organization SAP BW database using Single sign on and using Implementation 2. I have used SNC partner name and have used Kerberoes as authentication while connecting from Power bi desktop.

Now I would like to add the database in my enterprise gateway but I get the following error. The gateway version installed in my server is the November version.Can you please elaborate why error is showing as "Windows authentication is not supported on Message Server connections when using 'NetWeaver RFC'. Switch to Implementation '2.0' to solve this issue." while there is no place to switch while adding the database details in Manage Gateway.

Also my SAP Server is a linux server so will it cause any issue in adding the details here?

Error details:

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Activity ID:08769a5f-ea9b-4ae2-aa65-83ea971df68b
Request ID:6aa06d5e-dd6e-9072-3175-1c9e283246e5
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code:400
Error Code:DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time:Tue Jan 15 2019 13:16:52 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Version:13.0.7840.233
PowerBIGateway:Invalid connection credentials.
Underlying error code:-2147467259
Underlying error message:Windows authentication is not supported on Message Server connections when using 'NetWeaver RFC'. Switch to Implementation '2.0' to solve this issue.
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:SapBusinessWarehouse
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:SAPS01.xyz.no/S01/8095/BAS
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:CredentialInvalid
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"SapBusinessWarehouse","path":"SAPS01.xyz.no/S01/8095/BAS"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:CredentialInvalid

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Which library do you use to configure SNC?

Please note that Power BI service currently do not support the use of CommonCryptoLib (i.e. sapcrypto.dll) as an SNC library when doing an SSO connection, only gsskrb5 is supported. 

For detail information, I would suggest you go through this whitepaper: https://aka.ms/powerbiandsapbw. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Its gsskrb5 library in the environment.if this library is not there then the error message says so. but I have this library.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft

any update here??

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Was on-premises data gateway run on the same machine as Power BI desktop?

Please install Implementation 2.0 of the SAP Connector on the machine which has on-premises data gateway run then test againhttps://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-sap-bw-connector#installation-of-implementation-20-sap-connector

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

The connector is already installed in the Gateway machine. I also checked the versions and it is 64 bit both Power Bi Desktop, OS and the .net connector .

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu