Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue using Group By within Dataflow

Hi,

Issue using Group By within Dataflow, how to fix it?

Steps to reproduce

Power BI Service > Workspaces > Dataflows > Create Dataflow > Define new entities > OData > Enter Business Central 261 G/L Entries OData URL.

Remove all columns except:

-G_L_Account_No
-Posting_Date
-Dimension_Set_ID
-Amount

Highlight Posting_Date > Transform > Date > Month > Start of month

Landcrab_0-1597165509595.png

Group By > Advanced > Group By all except Amount, SUM Amount

Landcrab_1-1597165540094.png

After that it throws the following error:

Landcrab_2-1597165581371.png

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.DetailsKey = [G_L_Account_No = "6100", Posting_Date = "2020-04-01", Dimension_Set_ID = 123]
Table = #table({"G_L_Account_No", "Posting_Date", "Dimension_Set_ID", "Amount"}, {})

Tried the same Group By using Document Date > Transform > Date > Month > Start of month which also produces the same error.

Doing a Group By without a Date columns works perfectly well, but I need the Posting Date

Landcrab_3-1597165606647.png

Before Group By the Posting Dates shows perfectly well, no errors.

How can this be fixed?? Any suggestions please?

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Landcrab ,

Have you tried the same operation in the lateset version power bi desktop?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Landcrab
Helper I

@v-yuta-msft  - yes it works in Power BI Desktop, its only in Dataflows there is a issue.

Landcrab
Helper I

Solved. Just kept on trying the same over a few days from scratch and now it works 🙂 Not great that Dataflows are so flaky when doing Group By Dates, leave it for MS to look it to wider issue. All works perfectly well in PBI Desktop, only Dataflows have this date issue.