Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue publishing from desktop to PowerBI service

Currently experiencing an issue at the moment, where I am getting the following message:

2017-07-21_17h21_25.png

When I try to refresh from the PowerBI service, it is advising that it cannot access the data model and it seems the data model has gone from 280MB in size to 1MB in size.

Anything going on in the world of the PowerBI service at the moment?

Comments
DamienW
Frequent Visitor

This is the error message from the PowerBi service:

Something went wrong

Unable to load the model
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Activity ID7a862a8e-f2f9-4a76-83de-af3471fd92b6
Request IDe5071ef6-f986-9fe0-6fd0-b288ad2c87ad
Correlation IDfc3d943f-0e67-5c05-7a6f-ef17287a427f
TimeFri Jul 21 2017 18:23:20 GMT+1000 (E. Australia Standard Time)
Version13.0.1930.145
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net

awalter
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue.  

Activity IDbde1896a-60e4-ecc4-3415-fac41ade3646
Request IDb4f06813-9c31-6b47-bae2-e80284fff83a
Correlation ID2e614543-1893-b34e-1936-d2d48be6703d
TimeFri Jul 21 2017 12:50:16 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1877.197
DamienW
Frequent Visitor

@awalter have you had any further success? No luck my end, the reports are still not updating correctly?

Looks like this issue has occured previously, http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Publishing-online-from-Desktop-not-working/td-p/173109

Though I am yet to see MS ackownldege or let peeps know that there is an issue with any of the database clusters???

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@DamienW @awalter

Please try to delete the published report and dataset in Power BI Service, then republish from your PBIX file. If issue persists, I suggest you to create a support ticket at http://support.powerbi.com (see bottom of page).

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Herbert

DamienW
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-haibl-msft, I have deleted the dataset and reports, and have re-uploaded the dataset successfuly...

However in doing so, it seems I have stuffed up my other reports, Unforutnaltey I wasn't aware you could not change the connections of reports using the PowerBI live connection services, I have mutiple report files using one master file as the dataset, and now the link is deleted, I cannot relink to the new published file, even though the names have not changed (sigh) looks like I will need to rebuild these reports 😞

awalter
Regular Visitor

The issue is still persisting for me.

When I try to submit a support ticket I get a 500 error. 

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@DamienW

If you are using the Power BI service Live connection feature, there is some limitations about it in current version...

• If you delete the shared dataset in the Power BI service, then other Power BI Desktop(.pbix files) will no longer work properly or display their visuals.
  • Deleting a shared dataset in the Power BI service means you can no longer access that dataset from Power BI Desktop.

But this limitation should can be overcome in the future.

Best Regards,
Herbert

DamienW
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @v-haibl-msft, yeah found that out after deleting the dataset, read that many of these improvements are on the roadmap, though there doesn't seem to be an ETA 

So in the meantime, just need to rebuild the reports, thanksfully all the measures are in place, so its just a matter of remembering what visualations were created, etc... an inconvenience, but not total disaster.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Delivered