Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue - jagged fonts in Filters, Visualizations and Fields panes of Power BI Desktop (Sept update)

I suspect this might be connected to September update, as today fonts on the panes became jagged as per print screen. Yesterday I was still on August update. I am using second display and when PBI Desktop window is moved to primary all is fine.

I am unable to correct it through clear type font options on Windows 10 for secondary display and other apps seem not affected. In August update all looked OK and other than on panes all fonts look OK even on second display.

PBI_Screen.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @MarcinLaba

It looks like the issue happens when displaying Power BI desktop in secondary monitor, right? 

Please check display settings meet the requirements listed here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-get-the-desktop#minimum-requirements. Also please ensure Let Windows fix apps that are blurry option is on. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

MarcinLaba
Regular Visitor

Yes, this is related to secondary monitor only. I have investigated a bit and it is connected to the fact that my primary is set to 125% scaling while secondary is 100%. If I set my secondary to 125% too it works OK, but monitor is large and I do not want it. I meet minimum requirements and I have switch on "let windows fix.." option, no change. I reported the problem, becuase I did not have the issue with August update. I suspect something changed, but I do not know what.

MarcinLaba
Regular Visitor

I managed to find the workaround - I need to set-up my secondary monitor as primary display and then it works with my desired scalling options.

DebbieE
Community Champion

This is exactly what has happened to me on the September release. Surely this needs fixing rather than a workaround? Ive tried 2 monitors with the same issue

tsntva

I had the same issue with the Sept update.  What works for me is what was mentioned above, set my second monitor my primary and everything is now clear.  What also worked is set the scaling on both monitors to 100%, but that makes my laptop screen have much smaller appearance

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 146545994. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I got information below: 

We updated the internal browser components to a newer version in the September release, and this is causing the difference. The root cause is still being investigated. Best workaround is to install August version

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/B/A/9BAEFFEF-1A68-4102-8CDF-5D28BFFE6A61/PBIDesktop-2019-0...

https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/B/A/9BAEFFEF-1A68-4102-8CDF-5D28BFFE6A61/PBIDesktop-2019-0...

Alternatively, change the monitor resolution to match for all monitors (same scaling %). This only happens when moving Power BI Desktop between monitors that have a different Display Scaling %.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

The fix will be released with Power BI desktop October version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu