Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue in projecting to second screen

Hi,

We have some desktop reports which we want to present on a second monitor.

However, when we drag the PBI report to the second screen, the display becomes erratic. A part of the screen is "duplicated" over the rest of the screen (see screenshots below), and the cursor acts weird as well. Where you see your cursor, is not where the computer "understands" it is (i.e. if you click somewhere, the location where it is clicked is about an inch lower and more to the right than where you see the cursor).

I am using Power BI Desktop Version: 2.55.5010.581 64-bit (February 2018)

Any idea what the solution might be?

PBI second screen issue (2).pngPBI second screen issue.png

Many thanks!

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @De_Smedt_N,

It works fine in my test. 

1. Please upgrade the Desktop to 2.55.5010.641.

2. Please update the video card driver. This could be the most likely cause.

3. Please check if your computer configuration satisfies the minimum requirements of Power BI Desktop. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

maxlarose

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

I have the same issue that appeared since I upgrade to version 2.55.5010.581. 

I just upgraded to the latest version (2.55.5010.581) and still have the issue:

BugPowerBI.jpg

De_Smedt_N
Regular Visitor

Hi Dale,

Thanks for looking into this. I just updated to version 2.56.5023.942. As maxlarose mentioned, the issue started since version 2.55.5010.581. If we uninstall PBI and revert back to the Dec-17 version, we don't have the same problem. 

Does this mean it is a bug in Power BI or can it still be the video card driver? If so please specify what you mean with updating the video card driver.

Thanks!

Kr,

Nick

maxlarose

Hello Dale,

Any updates on this? I just updated to version 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018) this morning and I still have the issue. Could you please specify a resolution for this issue? PowerBI has become unusable altogether for me.

Thank you, 

kirklewellen

I am having the same issue, I have cheked and updated my video drivers and recently updated PowerBI to Version: 2.57.5068.501 64-bit (April 2018).

I am also having the problem when I use my Surface 3 without the docking station and two additional monitors.

BlazerBrian

Did you get a legitimate fix to this issue? Ever since updating to the Feb version I have had the same problem on my 2nd or 3rd monitor. PowerBI works fine on my Laptop monitor but immediately has this projecting issue on my bigger monitor.

When I roll back to the December version it works fine too.