Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue in accessing Public URL via app.Powerbi.com

Although I can access a text file via a public URL using PowerBI desktop, I get the following error when I publish it and try to use it in app.Powerbi.com:

//**************************************************************************

InternetOpenUrl failed: 'The server name or address could not be resolved'

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.Hide details
  • Activity IDa2b33945-eed8-4225-9596-bc3448f668e4
  • Request ID8c2df761-90a4-35ee-14d6-a8629b4217d7
  • Correlation IDec1655ff-d5a8-3a47-342c-a70662f6b3ca
  • TimeTue Aug 09 2022 14:00:03 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time)
  • Service version13.0.18800.35
  • Client version2208.1.12628-train
  • Cluster URIhttps://wabi-north-europe-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

What do you think

Hi @mutawakelm,

May I know whether you still have problem on publishing your report? If you directly access app.powerbi.com from your browser, can you login successfully?  If you can sign in with no problem, please try to load your report by Get Data option in Power BI service(app.powerbi.com) to publish your report to your target workspace.

vcazhengmsft_0-1660100478674.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mutawakelm,

May I know whether you still have problem on publishing your report? If you directly access app.powerbi.com from your browser, can you login successfully?  If you can sign in with no problem, please try to load your report by Get Data option in Power BI service(app.powerbi.com) to publish your report to your target workspace.

vcazhengmsft_0-1660100478674.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

mutawakelm
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The problem is not in publishing the report. The problem is that I am using R script in one of the visualizations and this script apply sentiment analysis and therefore need to access the following text file public URL:

https://wincolcrl.blob.core.windows.net/certenroll/negative-lexicon.txt

Although this public URL is accessible in Power BI desktop, it is giving the above mentioned error once used in app.powerbi.com.

Best regards