Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue in DB2 connection HISMPCB0002 In BasePrimitiveConverter the SetCodePage

Got the error "HISMPCB0002 In BasePrimitiveConverter the SetCodePage method has been called with a invalid codepage: 937" suddenly when connect IBM DB2 database. Follow the solution and make it work by rolling back to Sep 2022 version of PowerBI desktop instead of Oct 2022. However, the same error is still there when it is publised to PowerBI service and try to establish auto refresh connection for the dataset. Please help if anyone has an idea to fix?

Hi @Thu_Le_1988 

Please try the method provided by @waynesteele  to see whether the workaround can fix your issue . It's a known issue , if there is any progress, I will come back to update .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Comments
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @Thu_Le_1988 

Did you connect to IBM DB2 database before ? If you use Sep 2022 version to create a report and save it as a pbix file , then get the pbix file in Service , see if you can successfully obtain .

Best Regards,

Thu_Le_1988
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-yetao1-msft ,

I was able to connect IBM DB2 before the last week of Oct, with setting up refresh schedule through personal gateway. Then, suddenly it stopped on 25 Oct. I researched and found a solution that works in PowerBI desktop of Sep 2022 version. But when I published this file, the same connection error is still there, even though I uninstall and re install gateway. I notice that the gateway version 3000.146.10 (Oct 2022), I dont know if it could be an issue? Would you have any idea on this? Thank you

gomezc73
Helper IV

I have the same issue 'HISMPCB0002 In BasePrimitiveConverter the SetCodePage method has been called with a invalid codepage: 937' with reports updated with the version OCT 2022.

waynesteele
Employee

I am a developer who works on the Mashup (aka PowerQuery) engine.

If you contact support for this issue, please tell them it has been opened in ICM#348059006, and in Power Query Bug #945088.

I have attached workaround instructions in both of those places.

I have also placed the workaround steps here:  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoVHHqNdBM4VgQfWbxvB-rZOCWfr?e=amInQA 

Joshrodgers123
Advocate IV

I am getting this error as well on the October desktop and gateway release. Rolling back both to September solved it.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @Thu_Le_1988 

Please try the method provided by @waynesteele  to see whether the workaround can fix your issue . It's a known issue , if there is any progress, I will come back to update .

Best Regards,

colivier
Advocate I

@waynesteele A large client of mine also had this issue and your workaround fixed it. Thanks for that!

Can you please give feedback to the product team that issues like this should be published on the release notes or download pages of the affected products? We would have held back on the latest gateway update had we known about this beforehand.

ahp-sig
Frequent Visitor

Any idea when this is going to be fixed? IT policy does not allow registry edits to implement the workaround.

waynesteele
Employee

This will be fixed in the first release (or Power BI Desktop and of the On-Premises Data Gateway) in 2023.

Euris2023

Excellent! This solution is highly expected by many analysts. In my case I am handling the issue by creating dataflow which extract the data using the IBM DB2 connection and then I create the report in power bi desktop connecting it to the dataflow.