Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue filtering between chart visuals in directquery

Please see the attached screen recording for a demo of the issue I am experiencing. I have a data set of language from documents – the language field contains return chars in some records. In the records where that is the case, chart visuals do not filter correctly when a particular language record is clicked. This is only an issue in directquery mode. As you can see in the recording, when I switch to import, the filters work fine. (The data source is SQL server).

https://youtu.be/sTNVnDk-Ubg

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @doubles,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue in Power BI desktop version 2.62.5222.761 64-bit (September 2018). What's your Power BI desktop version? Please update it to the latest version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

doubles
Helper I

I am running the Sept 2018 version

POwer BI version.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @doubles,

Please check does the issue happen to this table with DirectQuery connection? 

I'm creating the table with below query to test the issue, please run our query on your side to create a same table then test if the same issue occurs: 

Create table test0927(LanguageID int, Language varchar(50))

insert into test0927 values
(1,	'This is language 1'),
(2,	'This is language 2'),
(3,	'This is language 3'),
(4,	'This is language 4')

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

doubles
Helper I

@v-qiuyu-msft -- thanks for the reply. No, I do not have any problems with that table. However, if I put a return character into one of the language records, I have the exact same problem.