Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue - URL links doesn't match at a 100%

Dear all, here is an issue I can't fix

I have a raw table with a column "A" showing url values based on another column "B" => No issue there

In the Power BI report, I present the values "B" with a special format that allows me to present it with the web link "B".

It works at 95%, but in some cases the link does not correspond to the value in the cell, but to another value which is similar (5th first characters are equals). then, as the url link is  based on the first or the last value, then the URL is not correct for one of the 2 values...

would it be possible to base the link on the exact value of the refence field and not look for the first of last value as it is today possible?

Any advice would be appreciated - Thank you

Hi @JPQuint ,

If you would like to suggest some feature improvements. I have found users with similar needs to you here Ideas (powerbi.com) , you may vote the idea and comment  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @JPQuint ,

If you would like to suggest some feature improvements. I have found users with similar needs to you here Ideas (powerbi.com) , you may vote the idea and comment  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

JPQuint

Hi Team,

I have found a workaround : Adding a column displaying the url, but presented as an icon. In this case, the links are well linked to the displayed value.

Hoping this may help others. Thank you.