Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue: The visual has unrecognized fields.

Since yesterday, we experience a caching problem with some of our customers.

The first opened report works without any issues while the next reports give the underneath error.

The data set is created in SSAS cubes and we use the on premise data gateway to connect.

Anyone else experiencing this? Did Microsoft do an update?

Issue Power BI.png

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

We experience the same issues.

I already updated the Power BI Gateway, but it did not help.

When we republish a report, it seems to work for the first time, after refresh it becomes broken.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still no information about this issue?

I'm getting a lot of questions from colleagues and customers.
We are using serveral financial and SLA reports, which still cannot be used. Temporary workaround is to republish the reports, but this works only for a couple of minutes.

What is Microsofts priority on CRI 109098508?

I asume a lot of customers are complaining about this issue?

henmor
Advocate I

I talked to MS today, and sent them fiddler trace. I am also awaitning status on this. Have not seen any update in service-message either. I think this takes too loong, been going on for almost a week now, and many are implecated on this. and still no updates on issue.

nanzygc
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem, do you know exactly what it is? someone has already raised a ticket?

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are several people who opened a ticket. I just opened a ticket myself.
Hopefully there will be some communication from Microsoft.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some investigation and tried the following:
Yesterday MS published a new version of the Power BI Desktop (2.67.5404.581).
Tried to publish reports with this new version, but unfortunately the error appears again after a few minutes.

Then I found out that 1 of our reports was working, without the errors.
I compared the report setting with the ones that failed and published with the same setting. still no result.

The report that works is on the same database, different cube.

Only difference was the refresh rate on the dataset.
I changed the scheduled refresh rate to the minimum of 15 minutes on the dataset and this seems to be a sort of workaround. The report stays online for about 10 minutes without errors after a refresh of the dataset.

nanzygc
Regular Visitor

Hi,

The answer that gave me support was:

Any other answer?

respuesta.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nanzygc - I got the same response while on the phone with a MS support rep yesterday.  There have been no changes to our data source nor our PBI report.   I did republish one report yesterday, and have experienced the issue on that report since the publish. 

I asked him to investigate the CRI that is referenced in this Issue, and he said that it was a different team and did not have access to it.

This is unacceptable.  Our worldwide users are unable to use the Power BI service reliably at this point, and relying on a 'solution' that implies that every one of us who have experienced this have

1. Changed our data sources and /or reports

2. Published the changed reports

3. Experienced the error

4. and then Not been able to troubleshoot that our own data sources / reports don't match

... is a ridiculous assumption and an irresponsible way to handle clients.

@microsoft - can we get an update on this?  Any sort of communication would be helpful.

Thanks,

Jeff

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like Microsoft has no clue.
They are right about the above comment, but most of the time that concerns only one or a few visuals.
In this case that's not the issue. Nothing has changed or renamed. It started with a few reports en later all reports stopped functioning and the error appears on all visuals.

if an entity was renamed or removed it should still give the error after republishing te report and would also appear in Power BI Desktop. In het Power Bi Desktop everything works fine and afer republishing the report it works for a short time.

Still got no answer on my ticket, only received an email that an engineer was assigned.

Asked for an explanation for this issue, still no answer.

henmor
Advocate I

They are escalating this issue now.