Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue: Report going into infinity refresh in PBI Desktop

Hi,

I have this report based on 3 web sources. Various transformations going on in PBI Desktop, but all tables look fine in Query Editor. Then upon close and apply, the report goes into an infinity loop, with the status window countinously displaying either "Waiting for other Queries" or "Evaluating..." for all the queries. In the beginning I can hear the PC is at least working, but then it stills and nothing happens. I tried leaving it like this for 8 hours straight, no progress. I can then easily click cancel and the status window closes within a second (seems its doing nothing). Any idea? I will gladly share the file with select people.

Br Rasmus

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Is there any dependency among these three tables? 

You can try to disable other tables "Enable Load" option and only leave one table has this option enabled each time, then click on Apply to load data to data model. Then repeat the steps for other tables as well. 

q3.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I tried for most of them, but will try for the rest today. There are several dependencies between tables and some master dimensions are created from merges between other tables from various sources. I should probably add that I use functions for iterating over the webpages to get data from multiple pages.

I will get back when I have played around a bit with disabling some of the tables.

Update: I had some time to play a bit more around, and actually narrowed the problem down to one single source query. So I refreshed everything else to make sure it was up to date, while disabling load for the problematic query. Then ran it again with only that query - even limited by a simple filter to only return 10 rows. Still, it was stuck on "Evaluating..." for hours, while the web site displayed the content just fine, without considerable lack. Also in query editor, as mentioned before, no errors and the table seems to come through fine.

I have no other ideas, than maybe a timing issue or a PBI Desktop bug with web-sources.