Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue - Refresh Failed "This is usually a transient issue"

Help! Most of my scheduled refreshes are failing in the last few days because of the following error

Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

Thanks!

Technical Information

Activity Id:

c428b0a2-9933-4595-a36b-3b96da15e7d5

Request Id:

0a01811c-000e-4c8c-9533-4080e192bd97

Cluster Name:

WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:

September 12, 2019 2:00 UTC

Refresh End Time:

September 12, 2019 2:08 UTC

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

From the inter trace, I found the request to SharePoint is failed. Please check if your dataset connects to the SharePoint, if it is, when the refresh is failed, please check if you are able to access the connected SharePoint file successfully. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

tlovemark
Employee

I'm also continuing to get this message across all my data sources.

"Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support."

Every time I test the connection, the connections within my gateway all succeed and can refresh on command.  For whatever reason, the auto-refresh fails every time.

sytze
Frequent Visitor

Also have exactly the same issue. I am unabel to babysit connections on a daily basis and hope somone finds a resolution for this. Btw, it is not "transient" but more a "persistent" issue. 

If I find an answer I will post here. 

EDIT 1: Please have a look here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Scheduled-refresh-fail/idi-p/843081. If it solved your problem, please share here too.