Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue: Links to Power BI always ask "Enter your email..." and then don't take you to the report

Links to reports in the Power BI service always take you to a page that asks you to "Enter your email, we'll check if you need to create a new account." I should not be landing on this page. It usually takes me straight to the report. I'm even using Edge and am signed in with the correct email address. I have other Power BI tabs open in the same browser.

Then, even if you enter your email address, it doesn't take you to the report; it just takes you to the Power BI Home page. I know how to navigate to the intended report from Power BI Home because I am in Power BI every day for my job. Non-daily users, for whom these reports are built, will not know how to navigate to the right place from Power BI Home.

Like I mentioned, I'm in Power BI every day, and I have only been experiencing this problem within the last week. It happens whether you link to a report page via the workspace's Power BI App or directly to the report.

I found another post about this from March 2022 that says the issue was resolved in May. However, there are multiple comments saying this is still a problem since then. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/PowerBI-Service-Login-Screen-pop-up/m-p/2430632

My specific example is a link that I have placed in an Excel file to the report page within the Power BI App. 

This problem is causing all of our links to Power BI within our organization to be unuseable.

Being asked to "Enter your email..." with another Power BI tab open right next to itBeing asked to "Enter your email..." with another Power BI tab open right next to it

Page to which you are redirected after clicking the linkPage to which you are redirected after clicking the link

Hi @AqWP4xjr,

If it’s an urgent issue for you and you are a Pro user, please consider submitting a support ticket in Power BI Support. Then, there will be a support engineer to help you troubleshoot on this issue and escalate it when necessary.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @AqWP4xjr,

If it’s an urgent issue for you and you are a Pro user, please consider submitting a support ticket in Power BI Support. Then, there will be a support engineer to help you troubleshoot on this issue and escalate it when necessary.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,    

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

jflores
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem and it appears to have started around the same time.

9/19/2022

Behavior went away on it's own the next day.  

yukidie

One user in my company started having the same issue around the same time. 

scabral
Helper IV

this same issue started happening in our organization last week.  It seems very intermitent.  

Has anyone got an answer from Microsoft or found a resolution?

pbiwehn
Employee

Hi @AqWP4xjr,

Can you share the format of the links you are following which are leading to the email check page? (i.e., are they reports/reportobjectid? Or Redirect/action=OpenReport, etc?)

And can you also share what general region you are seeing this issue in?

And if possible, can you also share your sessionId?

Thanks!

scabral
Helper IV

here is an example of a URL that we pass from another app with a parameter:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/edda5e89-dbd9-419f-9e4f-ae035dc7e698/reports/6208a1e0-d030-49...

sometimes it will come up with the email sign in prompt and then the report will come up but the filter will no longer get passed.

we opened a ticket with Microsoft and they wanted us to add noSignUpCheck=1 to all of our URL's, wich seems to work but we have not tested it enough yet to say for sure.

Also, we do have users getting the same email signup screen when just going to app.powerbi.com directly, without going to any reports, so not sure if noSignUpCheck=1 is the answer

sdegroot
Helper I

This is also happening to us. Do you know how to add "noSignUpCheck=1" to the URLs?

Thank you!

AqWP4xjr
Advocate I

I have now started to get this screen when I click my Power BI bookmark/favorite in Microsoft Edge.

The link in my bookmark looks like this.

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/abcd-1234-abcd-1234-abcd/list

pbiwehn
Employee

Hi @scabral , @sdegroot , and @AqWP4xjr ,

Would you be able to try it this morning (you might need to complete one sign-in through that page as well)? And if it still occurs, can you share the "Client version" number from the "About PowerBI" dialog, accessed through the question mark icon at the top right?

Thank you!

AqWP4xjr
Advocate I

@scabral , I believe you add it in two different ways depending on how the link you are sharing is already structured

1. If the link you are sharing already has a ? so something like https://app.powerbi.com/links/abcd?ctid=abcd-1234-abcd-1234-abcd then you would add &noSignUpCheck=1 to the end
  2. If the link you are sharing does not have a ? so something like this https://app.powerbi.com/links/abcd then you need to start the query string by using a ?
    • This is because & is a delimiter for the queries, and since there isn't one to begin with, there is no need for a delimiter to separate one from another
    • However, you do need to start the string with ?
    • The final version would look like this https://app.powerbi.com/links/abcd?noSignUpCheck=1

I am not an expert when it comes to URLs, so my language might not be correct. But this is what I understand at the moment.