Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Issue: Dropdown Slicer

Sometimes when I use the dropdown slicer in Power BI Desktop, the list of values doesn't disappear after clicking out of it. It will stay on the screen even if I go to a different page of the report.

The only way to "fix" it is save my report and reopen the report by closing Power BI Desktop.

Please fix as soon as possible, thanks.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @wonga,

Based on my test in Power BI desktop 2.44.4675.521 64-bit (March 2017), when we click anywhere outside of the slicer visual, the dropdown list will disappear. See:

In your scenario, what's the desktop version did you run? Please try the same version as ours to see if issue persists.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

wonga
Continued Contributor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

I am using the same version as you mentioned. I'll post again once I see the issue happen. For now, it seems to have disappeared.

Thanks.

wonga
Continued Contributor

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft, I just encountered the issue again. The only thing that sticks out to me is it happens if there are more than one dropdown slicer on the same report page. See picture for an example of how the list of dropdown values don't disapppear. Notice the arrow is in a downward position which implies the lsit should not be shown. An up arrow would imply the list being shown.

Thanks.

ErrorError

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-qiuyu-msft , I'm facing this issue frequently, please check the gif. 

error.gifversao.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vicky_Song @v-qiuyu-msft, I'm facing the issue again with the last version

again.gif

Capturar.JPG

Anonymous
Not applicable

any fix in the next release?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@wonga@Anonymous Sorry for the late response. There is a new desktop version 2.45.4704.722

released on 4/17/2017. Please try to update the desktop. If issue persists, please share the .pbix with us if possible.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 36611109. Will update here once get feedback.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted