Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue Desktop version (store) - Restore saved database error

Hi to all,

Just got the February 2020 version (Microsoft Store app) and got the error Unable to open document - We weren't able to restore the saved database to the model.

Been looking around the community and options go from unninstalling and then reinstalling, did that but still same issue.

Tried to install the February version standalone however the version available online for download is the December version (although says the upload was made in February 18th) everything works normally but it's not comparable.

Also read that for some previous versions were this happened there was a new install version that solved the issue.

Thanks for the attention.

Miguel Felix

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @AlexGorev 

As you explained, just changed the Regional format to English (United States) and now it work with the Feb 2020 version:

MFelix
Super User

Hi @AlexGorev ,

The workaround worked fine.

However this is only impacting certain systems since my personal computer add the exact same setting and PBI was working properly.

Thank you for the feedback will keep looking for the updated version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @AlexGorev 

I currently have Country/Region=Denmark and Regional format=English(Denmark)

Should I change my Regional format to "Danish(Denmark)" to get PBI Feb2020 working?

--
/Karl Erik Jessen
Branchehuset
Denmark

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changed the Regional format to English (United States) and now it work with the new version. Was previously English (Belgium).

JakobGsvendsen
Frequent Visitor

Same here, when set to denmark, nothing opens, set to US, works fine.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team

Both Windows Store and Download Center are updated with a new version of PBI Desktop (2.78.5740.861) that contains the fix for this issue!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @AlexGorev 

I had downloaded the new version from Download Center and it is working fine. 😊

MFelix
Super User

Hi @AlexGorev ,

Just updated the Desktop version put the regional setting s as they were (English Europe) and everything working properly.

Thank you for the assistance.

Regards

Miguel Félix

brinky
Helper IV

Hi @AlexGorev and all Power BI team.

Thanks for the update all working fine this morning after the update.

Thanks & keep it up👍

Regards from 🇲🇹

Stephen