Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue: Data discrepancies in Power BI reports created on Google Analytics data

Hi, 

I am trying to build a Power BI report on Google Analytics data, that includes 'Users','Country' and 'Date'. The 'Date' attribute is used as slicer. But I am not getting the correct output for 'users':

1. The 'User' count in Power BI report doesn't match with the count of users in google Analytics report

2. I am able to import full data in Power BI (starting Jan 2015 till current date). But when I slice the data for a smaller period of time  (like a complete month or year) the count of users in all countries become 0. But for the same month/year I can see data in Google Analytics.

On increasing the data range further, say more than 2 years, I can see the count of users.

Please help me understand what might be causing this issue.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards

Kushal

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@kushal,

Please check Herbert's reply in this similar thread.

"The API we're using for Google Analytics is the one available to free users, and that API is known to return less accurate values for high volume sites due to the way it samples data."

To get same result as Google Analytics dashboard in Power BI report, please retrieve the data straight from the Google API instead of using built-in Google Analytics connector. For more details about the process, please review the steps in github.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered