Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Issue: Couldn't load the data for this visual

This issue has been occurring on the Power BI Service over the last 2 days.  Only 1 of the report page is erroring out when uploaded from Power BI desktop to Power BI Service.  The other report pages are functioning properly.  I've reduced the amount of data and it is still erroring out.  Please advise on how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue.  Is this related to data volume because I didn't think the dataset were that large (PBix file size is approximately 500 MB.).

2018-04-19_9-35-35.png

Thank you for your help.

Comments
v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @slee,

Did you make any changes in the pbix file that could break the reports in the Service?

Can you see any error sign in the fields when the reports are in Edit mode?

What kind of changes did you make?

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

kdonahue100
Frequent Visitor
slee
Regular Visitor

The problem turned out to be too many custom visuals ('HierarchySlicer') on the report page.  It works with two but it stopped working after I added the third one.  Found it by recreating the report page from scratch.  If I replaced the custom slicers with the default slicers, it works fine on Power BI Service.  

Thanks everyone!

kdonahue100
Frequent Visitor

Actually, after digging a bit further, it looks like the problem is at Microsoft's end:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Awareness.JPG

slee
Regular Visitor

Thanks for sharing the alert.

My report is not using Direct Query.  It is on scheduled refresh from a SQL Server (via the enterprise gateway).

I can try the report with the custom visuals at a later point after the fix is applied by Microsoft.