Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Issue Connecting (August 2021) Power BI 64 to Snowflake

I have the following version of Power BI Version: 2.96.901.0 64-bit (August 2021) and I get an error trying to connect to snowflake.  When I look in the directory, it appears the DLL might be missing...

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error  126: The specified module could not be found. (Simba Snowflake ODBC Driver, C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin\ODBC Drivers\Simba Snowflake ODBC Driver\SnowflakeODBC_sb64.dll)."

calaris_0-1630455124926.png

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. I have tested it on August version of Power BI Desktop with ODBC connector to connect to Snowflake and it works fine.

You can refer this simliar issue and try to use the temporary workaround priovided by other user:

ODBC Simba Snowflake driver - PBI desktop Aug 2021 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @Anonymous Did you got any resolution for this issue? I am also stuck with the same error. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous ,  My team didn’t have the same issue.  What I ended up doing was uninstalling PowerBi and installing the 8/31 version (there’s two releases in Aug) and seemed to solve the issue

v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating