Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Is anyone using Power BI publisher in a production environment?

I tryed installing power BI publisher about a year ago and despite some support from MS I was not able to get it installed on my computer.

I decided at that time that since, even with tech support MS could not get their product past the install, it was not ready for prime time.

It's now a year later and we have Power BI rolled out, but don't use workbooks or publisher.

I just tryed installing it again on my laptop and get an error stating that I need Excel 2007 or later. I'm running the latest version of Excel already and I have a new laptop with a fresh install of everything since the last time I tried.

It'd like to use it, but it really seems to be held togather with bailing wire, and I don't want to set myself up for 50 users unable to install it.

Is this a problem that's unique to me or are others having the same, impossible it install problems?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmacdonald,

Power BI publisher for Excel is an add-in you can download and install on desktop versions of Microsoft Excel 2007 and later. Please check which Excel version installed on your machine follow this article 

Please download and install corresponding bit version Power BI publisher for Excel as well. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

dmacdonald
Advocate I

I have tried removing and reinstalling excel.

Capture1.PNGCapture.PNG

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmacdonald,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 61756005. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

dmacdonald
Advocate I

It's working now, 

I did not change anything, I just tried again yesterday and it worked.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dmacdonald,

Glad to hear the issue is solved now. 🙂 Thanks for your update. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu