cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MS Power BI 2.48 compatible with MS Office 2010?

Hello,

I have a user who is working with MS Access DB (.accdb) in MS Power BI version 2.48 (64-bit). The MS Office version is 2010 (32-bit).

While trying to connect to .accdb file on his local machine, he's getting the below error:

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine 2010 Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site:https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987."

He tried to install the 64-bit Access 2010 driver, but it again threw an error stating that you have MS Office 2010 which is 32-bit, hence the driver could not be downloaded.

Please advise if MS Power BI 2.48 is compatible with MS Office 2010?

Do let me know if you require more information.

Thank you,

Zafar Khan

Comments

Hi @ZafarKhan,

Based on my research, as the Power BI desktop is 64 bit version, it requires access database engine 64 bit to get data from access database. Since you already installed the 32 bit Office 2010, it's not able to install the Access Database Engine 2010 64 bit. See: 

q3.PNG

In your scenario, you need to either install Power BI 32 bit or install the Office 64 bit then install Access Database Engine 2010 corresponding bit version. But if you needs to publish the report to Power BI service finally and get dataset to be refreshed, I would suggest you install Office 2010 64 bit and Access Database Engine 2010 64 bit, as the gateway only has 64 bit version currently. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu