Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invisible items in filter pane visible in Power BI Service

I've been using the filter pane for a while now, and haven't encountered any problems. Starting today, however, items in the filter pane that are set to invisible in Power BI Desktop are still visible in the filter pane in Power BI Service. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. Would you please test again? 

Also you could test with our sample report to see if the issue is related to the report itself. 

q4.PNGq5.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Thank you for your reply!

In the original sample report, I also had no issues. However, I made a few changes and now it reproduces my error. I added some comments in the .pbix file for clarity. You can find the file here.

I was thinking it might be because I add the same element twice. Yet, I seem to recall it working well last week.

Warm regards,

Sander

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

I think the problem has been resolved! I was working with an older version of Power BI (nov 2019). While trying to recreate the problem from the current version (may 2020), I noticed the problem was gone.

Warm regards,

Sander

Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone who passes by with the same problem:

After an update and fooling around some more, I figured out that the problem is not completely gone.

It seems to depend on the setting of settings > "Don't allow end user to save filters on this report". The report works fine when users are not allowed to save their own filtering settings. However, when they are, my filters are all shown again, regardless of my visibility settings.