Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Invalid values after xlsx import

Hello,

I am not sure, if this is the right place to ask. I am facing a problem. I have a simple table in xlsx where the first row starts with values 2000, 2300 etc. but if I upload it to Power BI, it shows me 49000... etc. You can see it on pictures. The data were inserted in table as paste special... Only values. Then I changed all columns to the right settings (date, number). After that it was formatted like a table and saved as xlsx file to onedrive. From there I uploaded it to power bi and the values are non sense. Could someone advice me what am I doing wrong? I can send you the source xlsx file. 

Data in BIData in BIOriginal dataOriginal data

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Gegh,

Do you directly connect to the Excel file in Power BI Service? If so, what is the specific option do you use? Please share the source Excel file so that I can test.

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Gegh

I can share it with you, but I do not know how to add a file to this comment. Or should I send it to you through mail?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Gegh,

You can upload the file to OneDrive and post shared link of the file here.

Regards,
Lydia

Gegh

OK, that is a good idea. I did it the link is here 

https://expensereduction365-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/tkopecky_expensereduction_com/ESNcvJBYM...

Thank you very much for your support

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Gegh,

Please choose "Don't summarize" for Hodina field, and you will get correct result. This numeric field is summarized by default in Power BI.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia