Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invalid values after xlsx import

Hello,

I am not sure, if this is the right place to ask. I am facing a problem. I have a simple table in xlsx where the first row starts with values 2000, 2300 etc. but if I upload it to Power BI, it shows me 49000... etc. You can see it on pictures. The data were inserted in table as paste special... Only values. Then I changed all columns to the right settings (date, number). After that it was formatted like a table and saved as xlsx file to onedrive. From there I uploaded it to power bi and the values are non sense. Could someone advice me what am I doing wrong? I can send you the source xlsx file. 

Data in BIData in BIOriginal dataOriginal data

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Gegh,

Do you directly connect to the Excel file in Power BI Service? If so, what is the specific option do you use? Please share the source Excel file so that I can test.

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Gegh

I can share it with you, but I do not know how to add a file to this comment. Or should I send it to you through mail?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Gegh,

You can upload the file to OneDrive and post shared link of the file here.

Regards,
Lydia

Gegh

OK, that is a good idea. I did it the link is here 

https://expensereduction365-my.sharepoint.com/:x:/g/personal/tkopecky_expensereduction_com/ESNcvJBYM...

Thank you very much for your support

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Gegh,

Please choose "Don't summarize" for Hodina field, and you will get correct result. This numeric field is summarized by default in Power BI.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia