Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invalid placeholder in format string - Error

Hi, 

I am getting an "Invalid placeholder in format string" - Error. This just happend after the automatic refresh was disabled and I wanted to enable it again. Nothing else was changed. The data source is a PowerBI Dataflow and I can refresh it on PowerBI Desktop, just not on the Service. I can even refresh it if I download the pbix from the Service and then refresh it in Desktop. 

Has anybody experienced this as well and found a solution to it? 

Here is a screenshot of the error message:

jeydn_0-1615545468707.png

Thank you in advance. 

Comments
v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I couldn't reproduce this error, try to clear browser cache or use another browser  to have a try.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cleared the cache in Chrome and tried Edge, but that doesn't change it. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

if delete it in power bi service and then republish it again to see if it works well.

Regards,

Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Already did that and tried uploading it into a different workspace. Same result. I can refresh in Desktop but not in the Service. 

Should I create a support ticket or do you have another idea? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I am getting the same error for a different report in a different workspace. This only happens for datasets that are connected to a dataflow. 

v-lili6-msft
Community Support

hi

I couldn't reproduce the error, I would suggest you to create a support ticket to get further help from power bi support team.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Lin