Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Invalid credentials on Sharepoint folder

Since yesterday I'm having an issue connecting to an excel file in a Sharepoint folder. It was already working, but I made some changes and republished it. Refresh works fine in Power BI Desktop, but online. It seem it's trying to connect to a Sharepoint list, instead of folder. I have an other report connecting to an other excel file in the same folder and it works fine. Could this be connected to the issue in North Europe? I'm in that datacenter.

Capture.PNG

Comments
vpray
Helper II

This error appears to be resolved for me. I did not have to reload pbix files to the online service, but I did have to re-enter credentials. And I noticed that I have to re-enter credentials on any new pbix files published to the pbi service as well. Didn't used to have to do that every time.

Thank you Support for staying on this and getting it working again, and thanks to all users for posting the helpful progress and comments!

Vincent

mllopis
Community Admin

Thanks everyone for checking on this - Glad to hear that the issue is fixed for some of you.

For those still running into the "getting stuck" on authentication screen, I wanted to let you know that we understand the technical issue and are working on a fix. We will share another update as soon as we have an ETA for resolution.

Thanks,
M.

Sysics

Hello,

my problem is also, that I cannot enter our company credentials.

We use a Sharepoint that's hosted (no on-premise) and I want to activate the automatic update via schedules. When I want to set it up, I get the error, that the credentials are not valid.

PowerBI: Choose data source -> Sharepoint folder

Anonym: not authorised

windows: not authorised

organisation: not logged in -> *button click* login -> the WWW-Authentification-Header does not have a valid authorisation-URI. Header= Basic Ream=....."

How am I supposed to use OAuth as some of you could?

Second problen: When the Dashboard is built in PowerBI Online and I want to use the schedule, I get this and have NONE methode to use for authentification.

Just ???

Is it maybe a problem that I refer to a Sharepoint, where the excel files are placed? So I have to use another datasource - not sharepoint, preferable an folder or excel file?

vpray
Helper II

Ugh, this issue is also not resolved for me after all. Any new file that accesses an Access Web App (SharePoint online) and an Excel spreadsheet (OneDrive for biz) still fails refresh in the BI service.

When I upload it to the service, an extra Web datasource is created for the spreadsheet, but doesn't have '%20' in the path for spaces. I suspect this is causing the problem, since existing files work fine and do not have this extra web data source. The error I keep getting is on the Access Web App (Azure SQL) database:

"The data source kind doesn't support the credential type. Data source kind: SQL. Credential type: OAuth2".

I can enter the creds all day long and it still produces this error on the Azure data source.

Thanks,

Vincent

jfontenot
Frequent Visitor

Connecting to a SharePoint Online List. 

"Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again."

Edit Credentials, options are:

Anonymous

OAuth2

undefined

Choose OAuth2, sign in to O365, "Failed to update data source credentials."

Previously created reports connected to other SharePoint Online Lists are still woking.  This problem BI report and SP list were both created today.

edge3uk
Regular Visitor

I'm also having credential problems. It started with Sharepoint credentials reporting as OnPremise, which got resolved, but the credentials still wont be accepted. CRM credentials also don't work. Previous credentials still work, just new credentials cannot be added. This needs fixing ASAP! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been nearly 2 weeks for this issue now and still not resolved. This isn't an issue that users can workaround or cope up with because it completely kills the functionality. I am utterly embarrassed in front of my clients and I have no intention of introducing or recommending Power BI or any clients anymore. Typical Microsoft style. Thanks for all your comments folks.  

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@edge3uk

The refresh issue for CRM in Power BI Service should be fixed on 12/14/2016. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Herbert

atcochad

Huge issue as we are trying to sell this as a good solution for our company. And now that we have critical business functions built on Power BI it is not refreshing. Wow. Not sure I can stand behind this anymore. Based my past experiences with other O365 products I can't belive that this was not resolved immediately.

uhlig
Frequent Visitor

This is now a known issue:

Start time: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, at 8:00 PM UTC

More info: Users that have published workbooks and reports with datasets pointing to existing SharePoint data sources will not be able to set credentials for that data source.

Current status: We've identified that a recent update to the service resulted in unexpected impact to the ability to publish new workbooks and reports. We're working to develop a fix and deploy it to a test environment to ensure it is successful.