cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid credentials on Sharepoint folder

Since yesterday I'm having an issue connecting to an excel file in a Sharepoint folder. It was already working, but I made some changes and republished it. Refresh works fine in Power BI Desktop, but online. It seem it's trying to connect to a Sharepoint list, instead of folder. I have an other report connecting to an other excel file in the same folder and it works fine. Could this be connected to the issue in North Europe? I'm in that datacenter.

 

Capture.PNG

Status: Accepted
Comments
mllopis
Microsoft

Hi all,

 

SharePoint Online authentication issues have been resolved as of a few hours ago (11/30 in the morning, PST time).

 

More recent refresh attempts in Power BI should have succeeded. If you're still experiencing refresh failures related to SPO authentication, you might want to try re-entering credentials in the Power BI Service Schedule Refresh UX, but that part should not be required.

 

Thanks,

M.

afernando
Helper II

Hi @mllopis , 

 

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately I'm still having trouble with credentials. 

 

SP Credetials error.PNG

 

 

I am stuck on this screen and cannot proceed to refresh a data source. 

SR
Advocate I
Advocate I

it is working now I have 8 reports and all of them success to refresh ... thanks

csabil
Advocate II

Unfortunately I still have the same issue as @afernando 

jeremy
Regular Visitor

Same issue for me, stuck on this page..

 

SR
Advocate I
Advocate I

you need to re-enter auth2 ...

ChristianH
Frequent Visitor

I can see the OAuth2 authentication method now, but when i try to sign in, it hangs (see screenshot). I've tried to delete and reupload my PBI report, but get the same result.

 

SR
Advocate I
Advocate I

try these:

 

  • change the browser from IE to EDGE or Chrome
  • connect directly to internet without router or firewall
csabil
Advocate II

tried with Chrome, still the same error, I don't have EDGE

ChristianH
Frequent Visitor

I did try EDGE (and Chrome and IE), authentication still hangs.