Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Invalid credentials on Sharepoint folder

Since yesterday I'm having an issue connecting to an excel file in a Sharepoint folder. It was already working, but I made some changes and republished it. Refresh works fine in Power BI Desktop, but online. It seem it's trying to connect to a Sharepoint list, instead of folder. I have an other report connecting to an other excel file in the same folder and it works fine. Could this be connected to the issue in North Europe? I'm in that datacenter.

Capture.PNG

Comments
maartendub
Regular Visitor

I'm currently facing the exact same issue with a excel file in OneDrive for Business..

Anonymous
Not applicable

¿Could be that this issue is only ocurring with the Oauth2 in Europe servers?

nickchobotar
Skilled Sharer

We are having the sames issues with accessing SharePoint online file .  NO OAuth2 option to use instead we see "undefined" .

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also having the same issue. My report is connected to a SharePoint Online list but the credentials stored on PowerBI web is shown as SharePoint On Premise.

Utterly dissapointed with the issues that PowerBI has been giving lately. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the same issue over here at South East Asia region.

Please fix this ASAP guys.

Thanks.

vpray
Helper II

I'm having same/similar issue - delivered, working customer solutions suddenly stopped refreshing from Excel files on OneDrive for Biz and Sharepoint due to invalid credentials. Please hurry! I'm in the middle of the US in Kansas, so Europe problem shouldn't be affecting me...

I have the OAuth2 option, pbi online just won't refresh a mixed datasource file having an Azure db source and an Excel source like it used to.

Thanks,

Vincent

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same exact issue. It seems to be a general credential issue with OneDrive and Sharepoint files. Maybe it's having trouble authenticating with the Microsoft 365 servers? I'm kind of in a crunch and I hope this get's resolved soon. Does anyone know if the source of the problem has been pin-pointed, and/or if they have released an ETA for resolution?

Thanks,

Josh

edit: Well it looks like it's at least letting me set my authentication to Oauth2 and seems to accept my credentials initially. But they never really set in, as they seem to revert back to anonymous after going back into the dataset configuration menu. really frustrating...

Javier10
Frequent Visitor

Hello people for 4 days that we have problems to refresh our datasets, the source is an xlsx file that is in SharePoint Online. The error is: The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid Source at: URL This occure in several tenants located in South Central US (Texas) Can anyone answer? I have already opened a support case and I still have no answer.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

my reports are hosted in Australia and I'm also having the issue. Someone responsible please have a look ASAP.

Zodiak
Regular Visitor

I recreated old report, still the same issue, selected SharePoint Online List, and then im missing the Oauth2 option in credentials, and its listed as SharepointListOnPremise.