Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invalid Credentials on Scheduled Refresh

I'm having the problem below, I've put the credentials again, but the error continues.

powerbierror.PNG

Comments
mattiarusso
Frequent Visitor

Hello Everybody,
I have the same issue. I try to refresh the OData Connection with the CRM in Power BI Service( URL: 

https:// ….   crm4.dynamics.com/XRMServices/2011/OrganizationData.svc) but i can't insert the credentials.

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@mattiarusso

The refresh issue for CRM in Power BI Service should be fixed on 12/14/2016. Please check it later.

Best Regards,

Herbert

parkup9
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-haibl-msft, the issue seem to have finally resolved for me today! 

Many Thanks!

uhlig
Frequent Visitor

This is now a known issue:

Start time: Wednesday, November 16, 2016, at 8:00 PM UTC

More info: Users that have published workbooks and reports with datasets pointing to existing SharePoint data sources will not be able to set credentials for that data source.

Current status: We've identified that a recent update to the service resulted in unexpected impact to the ability to publish new workbooks and reports. We're working to develop a fix and deploy it to a test environment to ensure it is successful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here - for OData Sources. It looks like it "forgets" the credentials and sends Anonymous.

Looks like a bug. 

My whole Production environment is at risk now - the client wants to cancel the PowerBI project.

Please help

Thanks

Michael

aletyska
Regular Visitor

I'm facing the same issue.

I have some reports with Project Online OData feed data sources. I create the report normally on Power BI Desktop, but when i publish it to Power BI, i try to update the credentials and i get the error  "Failed to update credentials".

Is there some solution to this?

Best Regards

Alessandro

salis

Hi,

I am using the Pro version and all my Excel Data Sources from OneDrive for Business requires manual credentials update every week. I have to revalidate every individual data source on OneDrive which is quite ridiculous.

I also use Dynamics 365 CRM online service as a Data Source and I have to go through the same validation process every week.

Please fix this.

James1965
Helper I

Hi, I get the some problems. Bet some reports work while others don´t!

sspears_tls
Frequent Visitor

I'm having this same issue with refreshing data from Dynamics 365 - is there an update on what is going on? It was working ok for me last week.

cj_guest

I am experiencing the same problem too.  Cannot connect to data file in the cloud.  The refresh fails every time and hangs at the signin stage which just happened over night.  One day the refresh was working fine, then suddenly it just refused to connect.  As a result I brought the data file back in house (off the cloud), which is what I was doing before, but now this fails too.  It requires a "Data Gateway", which I never used before, so requires me to download this addon.  Every installation of this download fails with no reasoning as to why.  I am now back to manually refreshing, publishing and rewriting the embedded code for the pages every time the data requires a refresh - this is obviously a HUGE step backwars and very time consuming.