Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invalid Credentials on Scheduled Refresh

I'm having the problem below, I've put the credentials again, but the error continues.

powerbierror.PNG

Comments
paulopaim
Advocate I

yes @PBI_KLo, I tried to install with admin permissions.

mvananaken
Helper II

Maybe interesting:

I've got the same problem since aprox a week, but specific via Dynamics CRM Online. Without using a gateway at all. Maybe the problem is not gateway specific (?) I escalate to Microsoft.

For example: I'm not able to change my credentials for scheduled refresh without the error warning: Failed to update data source credentials".  

andreucci
Frequent Visitor

Please, to everyone having this issue, please see these posts. I am having the same exact issue: fail to refresh with new datasets pulling data through Web.Contents() because PowerBI Service says credentials are invalid (when they are not). And even though it returns status code = 200 (status: SUCCESFUL) it fails.

Office 365 credentials refused when setting up data refresh in Power BI

I actually think this has to do with my account being degraded, which you can foolow here:

We’re still setting a few things up, but feel free to get started & setup Power BI

Please Microsoft fix this since ALL my datasets are setup like this, pulling data from OneDrive for Business resources through Web.Contents, OAuth2 e Scheduled Refresh.

/Andrea

paulopaim
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft I got a new error today with Personal Gateway:

powerbinewerror.png

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

parkup9
Regular Visitor

I'm affected by this as well. I have several datasets linked to Dynamics CRM OData using OAuth2 and its wierd that some of the datasets are refreshing ok and only a few are affected by the issue. Please see the screenshots below

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 13.37.02.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-30 at 13.45.19.png

Done a lot of googling and searches on Power BI forum, tried upgrading desktop software and republishing the reports, clearing browser cache, etc. but nothing seem to have worked.

SR
Advocate I
Advocate I

it is working now you can try my 8 reports can refresh now, you need to re-enter the OAU2 and will refresh

parkup9
Regular Visitor

Nope, still having the same issue. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 09.03.15.png

paulopaim
Advocate I

@SR it's work for me too!

thanks!

parkup9
Regular Visitor

Sorry if I'm missing the point here @SR, wondering if OAU2 is the same as OAuth2 in my above screenshot?

Thanks.