Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Invalid Credentials on Scheduled Refresh

I'm having the problem below, I've put the credentials again, but the error continues.

powerbierror.PNG

Comments
paulopaim
Advocate I

yes @PBI_KLo, I tried to install with admin permissions.

mvananaken
Helper II

Maybe interesting:

I've got the same problem since aprox a week, but specific via Dynamics CRM Online. Without using a gateway at all. Maybe the problem is not gateway specific (?) I escalate to Microsoft.

For example: I'm not able to change my credentials for scheduled refresh without the error warning: Failed to update data source credentials".  

andreucci
Frequent Visitor

Please, to everyone having this issue, please see these posts. I am having the same exact issue: fail to refresh with new datasets pulling data through Web.Contents() because PowerBI Service says credentials are invalid (when they are not). And even though it returns status code = 200 (status: SUCCESFUL) it fails.

Office 365 credentials refused when setting up data refresh in Power BI

I actually think this has to do with my account being degraded, which you can foolow here:

We’re still setting a few things up, but feel free to get started & setup Power BI

Please Microsoft fix this since ALL my datasets are setup like this, pulling data from OneDrive for Business resources through Web.Contents, OAuth2 e Scheduled Refresh.

/Andrea

paulopaim
Advocate I

@v-haibl-msft I got a new error today with Personal Gateway:

powerbinewerror.png

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

parkup9
Regular Visitor

I'm affected by this as well. I have several datasets linked to Dynamics CRM OData using OAuth2 and its wierd that some of the datasets are refreshing ok and only a few are affected by the issue. Please see the screenshots below

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 13.37.02.pngScreen Shot 2016-11-30 at 13.45.19.png

Done a lot of googling and searches on Power BI forum, tried upgrading desktop software and republishing the reports, clearing browser cache, etc. but nothing seem to have worked.

SR
Advocate I
Advocate I

it is working now you can try my 8 reports can refresh now, you need to re-enter the OAU2 and will refresh

parkup9
Regular Visitor

Nope, still having the same issue. 

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 09.03.15.png

paulopaim
Advocate I

@SR it's work for me too!

thanks!

parkup9
Regular Visitor

Sorry if I'm missing the point here @SR, wondering if OAU2 is the same as OAuth2 in my above screenshot?

Thanks.