Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Invalid Credentials on Scheduled Refresh

I'm having the problem below, I've put the credentials again, but the error continues.

powerbierror.PNG

Comments
cj_guest

At the same time this happened, the publish button within Power BI Desktop stopped publishing to web account as the data/file already exists.  This always just overwritten before without any problem - this is why I now have to re-write the embedded code every time because I have to delete what is online before I can publish and the desktop BI is the only way to refresh data!!!!  What a time wasting exercise.  Should I drop Power BI and use some other data analysis tool?  Recommendations would be grateful.

cj_guest

BI.PNG

Yes but the data has been refreshed as this is the only place I can refresh the data.....

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@cj_guest

The error message you posted above should can be fixed with the new released Power BI Desktop.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Same issue has been reported here.

Best Regards,

Herbert

suryasankar
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I installed ssrs 2016  with power bi. Now i want to know how to auto refresh the data in onpremises power bi reports. Any one can help me please

suryasankar
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I installed ssrs 2016  with power bi. Now i want to know how to auto refresh the data in onpremises power bi reports. Any one can help me please

mparowski
Advocate I

It's 2019, and I'm getting the same thing.  I have three data sources (one SharePoint list in SharePoint Online and two tables out of a SPO-hosted Excel workbook).  Everything works fine in PBI Desktop with OAuth2 authentication, but when I publish to PBI Online the only options I see for scheduled refresh credentials are "Anonymous" and "Windows", neither of which works.

rylanhess

I am experiencing the same problem as @mparowski 

There is no option for OAuth2 when file is publushed to PBI Online