Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

[Intl bash] - data format difference between service and desktop version

Date time formats in the service are displayed as US datetime format mm/dd/yyyy where as the desktop is able to display the same datetime format as UK datatime format dd/mm/yyyy.  The service that the report is displayed in is based in Western Europe.

See picture below which shows the same section of a report open in PBI service and PBI desktop

2016-12-08_10-10-28.jpg

Comments
v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BobF

What is your data source here? You can try to add ?lanauge=en-GB in browser to force the language setting - app.powerbi.com?language=en-GB

Or change the browser language to English (United Kingdom).

Best Regards,

Herbert

BobF
Helper I

Hi Herbert thanks for the suggestions.  I tried amending the URL as you suggested by inserting the language setting you suggested, no difference 😞  The language for the browser, IE v11, in this case, is set to English en-GB.  

The last time l reported this to Microsoft l got a response acknowledging it and asking me to report as a bug.  Recently Microsoft are asking for bugs relating it international settings.  This does annoy my clients most of whom as expect UK date time format eg dd/mm/yyyy not USA eg mm/dd/yyyy.  Microsoft have given this section where to report these bugs so hopefully l have found the right place 🙂

v-haibl-msft
Employee

@BobF

Is you data source SSAS? In Power BI Service, do you select English for Power BI as below?

[Intl bash] - data format difference between service and desktop version_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert