Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Interrogate Errors: Failed to locate XX Features - Yellow error warning bar

Image link: http://imgur.com/HqCky3f 

Hello,

I have pasted a link to the image above, I could not embed it for some reason.

I am pretty new to PowerBI, so be nice. I have loaded some geographical data against the UK using a postcode file on a map.

I get a yellow warning error bar at the bottom of the ESRI/ ARCGIS map that tells me: "Failed to Locate 23 Features".

I cannot work out how to interrogate, review or fix these 'features'.

It would be really helpful if error reporting was able to be scrutinised a lot more clearly for a novice like myself.

Any comments and support would be welcome. 

Many thanks,

AJ

Comments
MikekSSL
Frequent Visitor

I make Sal1037 right. MS has dropped the ball on this and needs to fix this issue.  PBI is a good product not yet great. I'm trying to roll out to 500+ users across 3 continents.  This sort of irritation takes the edge of the product acceptance and how we can use it. Do better, chaps

Anonymous
Not applicable

While we wait for a good solution, one workaround for moderate numbers of geographical segments is to temporarily add a multiselect slicer to filter on the location field you're using on the map. You can click each location on, and see whether it increments the unmapped features or not. If it does, leave it and move on to the next location, if not click it off again. After a few minutes, you'll and up with a list of the unmapped features and can decide what to do next.

quintens

I've had this issue for some time as well. A quick way I was able to find the errors was to click the elipsis in the right hand corner of the map and select Show Data. It sorted the errors to the top - I had 62 errors in a selection of 11,000+ records that did not have lat/long in the table.

Apologies if this has been posted before.

Q