Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Internal error

2020-04-16_15-28-13.jpg When I try to refresh the data for one of the sheets in my report, it says there is an internal error. This has been happening intermittently for the last 2 weeks. Other reports I have made with subsets of the data are working fine and other tables in the same report are working fine. I can see older posts with this issue but no information re: the cause of this. can you help please. 

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @eaglec_rsc

Please go to Query Editor, check if there is any error in this Events 2 query. Also please run the latest Power BI desktop version 2.79.5768.1082 then test again. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

eaglec_rsc
Regular Visitor

There are no errors and I am on the version you stated. The internal error is still happening. 

absolon
Regular Visitor

Hi 

same here.

My BI did work for a month and now since a week i get errors. Everydat on another subquery.

SO there's a problem with BI-software.

I got one succes refresh on thursday but on friday the same Bi crashed again

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Is it possible for you to share Excel file and pbix file with us? If it is, please remove sensitive data both in Excel and report, upload them to your OneDrive for Business then paste the share link here.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm also having the same "internal error" issue.

Thanks,

Mark

eaglec_rsc
Regular Visitor

I cannot upload and share my PBI file. Also, once I've stripped out most of the data the error persists and given other people are experiencing the same issue. This is not localised to my document but a more widespread bug. 

absolon
Regular Visitor

Hi

Thanks for the reaction

luckily i  have a backup of my pbx for every day.
I used one from 14 days  before and now it works, even with the five extra lines in my query that were in.
It was strange because everyday it gave an error on another query in the pbix. So this was not consistent. In preview mode in Desktop everything always worked fine.

I'll continue to have a daily backup-file when i add code to my queries and will log what i add everytime. 

Last year had something similar, but then i waited for a week and suddenly the refresh worked again?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

It's hard to analyze the issue on forum side. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

eaglec_rsc
Regular Visitor

It wont let me create support ticket so I cannot update the databse. Yet another Microsoft product that is woefully inadequate for the price tag it charges users!!